Chicken ‘n’ Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, yellow and sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, garlic, cornstarch, ginger and cayenne pepper. Add chicken; stir to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium. Add peppers and water; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2011
it was good, not out standing.
Jan 26, 2010
Thid is absolutely delicious
May 17, 2009
I did not have cayenne pepper in my spice cupboard so I omitted it, and made it a little more kid friendly. I loved the flavor and consistency of the sauce: not too thin and not too thick