- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until blended. Stir in dressing.
- Add chicken and sauce to macaroni, tossing to combine. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over macaroni. Top with bacon. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.
Freeze option: Prepare recipe as directed, increasing milk to 1-1/3 cups. Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; continue baking as directed or until heated through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Ranch Mac & Cheese
"This was pretty good. I used creamy garlic dressing instead of ranch, since my husband doesn't care for ranch dressing. And, I didn't have any cheddar in the house, so I used other cheese instead. My husband missed the cheddar, so I'll have to use that next time and see how it goes, or Velvetta, and will do a 1/2 creamy garlic and 1/2 ranch dressing next time."
"Made as is. I think I would add more milk next time like another reviewer and leave out the bread crumbs. I might use panko, or just leave off. Otherwise, my husband who does not like mac and cheese, really enjoyed this."
"Good Mac and cheese, however, the Ranch salad dressing flavor took over and I missed the cheese flavor. I did take the recommendation to add more milk which is a good idea. Hubby said this is the best Mac and cheese he ever had. Sorry, not me."
"Loved the taste of this, but mine did come out a little dry. I probably should have added a little more milk like another reviewer did."
"I had my doubts about adding ranch dressing to mac and cheese, but it was very good! No doubts now... I'll be making this again. It even heats up well the next day (if you have leftovers)."
"Yum! Ranch dressing is delicious inside of macaroni and cheese...who knew? All three of my kids (6, 3, and 1) wolfed this down."
"This was good. We enjoyed it. I did add a little more milk to it as I thought it might dry out a bit in the oven and I am glad I did. I liked the bread crumbs... my kids 13&11 did not. I will make it again. Thanks for sharing."
"We LOVED this!! My 6yo had 3 helpings! Creamy and cheesy and the crunchy topping is the best!!"