Chewy Walnut Pan Bars Recipe
These rich nutty bars from Tori Dunton are so tasty, we doubled her recipe to serve a crowd! "Our family has been making these yummy treats for years," writes the Acme, Pennsylvania cook. "We especially like to eat them with a dish of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bars pull away from edges of the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Walnut Bars in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p65
Reviews for Chewy Walnut Pan Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review