- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Bars
Sort By :
"Really good, I will definitely make these again BUT will 1/2 cup less sugar."
"These bars are exceptional! Soooo delicious! I made these bars and took them to church. I had so many people come up to me and tell me just how yummy they are. I made these exactly as the recipe states, except I used blackberry pie filling instead of the cherry. Thank you!"
"I have used this recipe for over 20 years. My family loves it. I even make it in 3 round cake pans, and take it to bake sales, and they are gone in minutes for a good price. I also change up the pie filling. Mine doesn't call for the glaze. It has you sift powdered sugar over the top after it is cool. We love it as coffee cake in the morning too. My grandchldren can't get enough of it."
"I have made these many times and they always go! They're just right, not too sweet and easy to make."
"I have tried this recipe, and have found it to be a very good one, it was very delicious, and I would use it again....."