- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Bars
Sort By :
"my Mom made these and we called them Valentine Squares. very good !!"
"These bars are sooo good!!!! The only changes, 1/2 cup less sugar and added 1tsp baking powder. Excellent recipe."
"Better than I expected.. they were great! I used Raspberry filling since that was what I had on hand!"
"these are great to you people who dont bake well dont comment unles you make them. why would you comment about them not sweet enough with 2cups of sugar. then another cupof sugar in the glaze.dont bring down the rating on a winning recipe. ikeep seeing the same people with down grading great recipes. very intrested in the blackberry filling. this recipe can be used with many different fillings."
"Really good, I will definitely make these again BUT will 1/2 cup less sugar."