Cardamom-Blackberry Linzer Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salted roasted almonds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup flour and almonds; pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add cardamom, salt and remaining flour; pulse until combined.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix spreadable fruit, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Spread filling on bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cardamom-Blackberry Linzer Cookies(1)
Sort By :
Delicious! Be careful not to put too much filling on each cookie...a measuring teaspoon full was plenty and prevented it from running over the edge when the top cookie was placed. The recipe made 33 finished cookies for me. I used half a jar of spreadable fruit and a half Tablespoon of lemon juice and it was the perfect amount. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Christianna!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Linzer Cookies >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Sodium Recipes >