Deeply spiced cardamom is the perfect match for the jam of your choice in this family-favorite sweet treat. — Christianna Gozzi, Astoria, New York
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salted roasted almonds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup flour and almonds; pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add cardamom, salt and remaining flour; pulse until combined.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix spreadable fruit, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Spread filling on bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cardamom-Blackberry Linzer Cookies in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Cardamom-Blackberry Linzer Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review