- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2-1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with softened butter. Spread pretzels and pecans on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cubed butter, corn syrup, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240°(soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over pretzel mixture.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. In microwave, melt baking chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; remove foil. Using a buttered knife, cut candy into bite-size pieces. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pretzel Bites
Sort By :
"Just awesome and very simple. I loved it. I not a great fan of the pretzels but next time I could do without."
"Wonderful - Easy to make and a hit with the crowd - I always experiment with the family first they were a hit - took some to work - also a hit - definitely a keeper"
"Oh my this sounds wonderful and not to difficult. Just need to buy a candy thermometer!! Cant wait to try this recipe!"
"Delicious recipe but makes a huge amount. Had to put in refrigerator to get topping of melted chips to set for cutting. After removing from frig., VERY difficult to cut so let it get to room temp before trying. Next time will not add shortening to chips while melting since topping should set up more easily. Only raves received from friends and family."