Caramel Cookie Candy Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 2/3 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream confectioners' sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press dough into prepared pan. Bake 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For caramel, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil gently for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until caramel is set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 3-1/4x3/4-in. bars. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip bars in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined sheet; refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Cookie Candy(3)
Sort By :
These are fantastic. I also had a problem with the crust crumbling.I am not sure but I am getting ready to make a second batch and make sure I really pound the crust and bake a few more minutes. Everyone who tasted them wants more!
I made these today, and they are chewy and good. However, I was disappointed that the cookie layer was not crisp and was slightly crumbly. Possibly I needed to bake slightly longer.
I made these for my coworkers and they were gone in just a few short minutes. Everyone loved them!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Caramel Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >