- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and Italian seasoning. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with vinegar; top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken
"This is a very simple but extremely flavorful dish that my whole family enjoys. I like to grill the chicken on a stovetop grill, then pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese. It is also such a pretty dish, impressive enough to serve to company. The balsamic glaze stays on the chicken much better than vinegar."
"I used some balsamic vinegarette I had on hand for this. I also used tomatoes and basil from my garden. My family really enjoyed this and I loved how easy and simple it was. I will be making this again!"
"Delicious! I used the glaze. This was so easy! I can't wait to make it again!"
"Loved it! Marinated it overnight and used boneless chicken thighs."
"Very delicious. I prefer the balsamic glaze over the vinegar. Rave reviews from our guests too."