- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and Italian seasoning. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with vinegar; top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken
Sort By :
Excellent recipe which we enjoyed very much with our own home-grown sliced tomatoes on top. The chicken was so flavorful even though I only had it in the marinade for a little over three hours. We will definitely be making this dish again!
Family loved it! I used the Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing by Newman's Own to marinade the chicken. When I browned the chicken the dressing ,which had the balsamic in it already made a nice glaze.
Quick and simple! We enjoyed it. Great low carb dinner when tomatoes are red and abundant like right now in the summer months. This will be good with chicken thigh too for those who prefer less drier meat. Thanks for sharing.
Good. But I like using canned diced,tomatoes w/ garlic basil, and oregano ( Delmonte is best..more flavor than other brands ) For this recipe I drain the juice first, then save it or serve on the side sepatetly. What brand of Italian dressing was used....maybe that makes a big difference.
Its unfair to rate a recipe without first trying it, shame on you Kitzer. This was very good and low carb!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >