I love a Caprese salad of tomatoes, basil and cheese, so why not use them with chicken? You can grill this dish, but my family agrees it’s juicier straight from the oven. —Dana Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and Italian seasoning. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with vinegar; top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caprese Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review