- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and Italian seasoning. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with vinegar; top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious! I used the glaze. This was so easy! I can't wait to make it again!"
"Loved it! Marinated it overnight and used boneless chicken thighs."
"Very delicious. I prefer the balsamic glaze over the vinegar. Rave reviews from our guests too."
"Simple and easy to make dish, as long as you remember to marinate it in time for dinner! Lots of good, simple, wholesome flavor!"
"Excellent recipe which we enjoyed very much with our own home-grown sliced tomatoes on top. The chicken was so flavorful even though I only had it in the marinade for a little over three hours. We will definitely be making this dish again!"