- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat three 8x4-in. loaf pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg whites, eggs, coffee, yogurt, oil and extracts until blended.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to brown sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted white baking chocolate over loaves. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Candy Cane Chocolate Loaves
Sort By :
"Tasty and interestingly different. And so cute and festive. I agree it was more like cake but still very good. Next time I will try as mini loaves since they would make the perfect gift around the holidays."
"These are easy, tasty and very cute! They will make the perfect little Christmas gifts for neighbors, co-workers, teachers, etc. - just wrap them in plastic wrap and tie with a pretty red ribbon."
"Made this first as gifts to share with co-workers, and then the second time to share with my Amish neighbors. Well recieved on both counts. I did not have plain yogurt so I substituted chocolate yogurt. The taste was wonderful. Had troubles with the glaze the first time so just went to standard milk and powdered sugar with candy canes crushed and sprinkled over top."
"Mix white chocolate chips with the crushed peppermint in the loaves."
"NOt sure what I was expecting but this wasnt it. It was easy and moist but it was just chocolate cake to me."