A mild marinade prepared with lemon juice, thyme and oregano seasons this steak from Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona. It feeds a family of four with lots left over to enjoy in satisfying second-day dishes later in the week.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 3 pounds beef top sirloin or round steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- With a meat fork, pierce holes in both sides of steaks. Place in a
- large resealable bag. Add the onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic salt,
- thyme, oregano, celery salt and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil steaks 6 in. from the heat for 8
- minutes. Brush with butter and turn. Broil 6 minutes longer or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield:
- 10 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet