Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Muffins(31)
Sort By :
People, muffins are not supposed to be overly sweet, they are not cupcakes.
Made these during a snowy day a few days ago. I was a little worried because there seemed to be a lot of batter for only 12 muffins. I decided to really fill the cups and was worried they would overflow, but they just got very big. They were good, but not a lot of sugar. They definitely needed the streusel topping
second time I have made these-they are a hit!
I thought the muffins themselves were a little dry and flavorless. The streusel was the best part but it wasn't really enough.
Recently I have had to go to a gluten free diet. I decided to substitute regular flour for gluten free all purpose flour. I added 1 1/2 tsp. xanthum gum(found at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's) to help them rise. The result was wonderful and I plan to use this recipe in the future.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Muffins >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Muffins >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >