- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Sort By :
"I made these delicious muffins and was extremely pleased at how delicious they were. I followed the recipe except I added 1/4 cup brown sugar to the streusel mixture. Delicious. Since muffins are not as sweet as cupcakes, I discovered that the blueberries give these muffins a delicious boost. I used an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tins and it worked beautifully. My husband cannot stop eating them. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"There were so many positive reviews for these, I was sure they would be great! I followed the recipe exactly as written, but the only good thing about them was the topping. The batter was so thick it was like a big glob of glue! Pushing it off the spoon with another spoon, it would just stick to that, then I used my finger and it stuck to that. Had a really hard time getting it into the muffin cups! And the taste? Eh! Nothing to write home about. I won't make them again, my husband and daughter made me promise not to."
"I made these muffins as directed, the only change I made was to use Splenda white sugar mix. They turned out great and I especially love the streusel on top. These will definitely be made again, I may use different types of fruit just for a change."
"These are very bland -- nothing special and not up to Taste of Home normal standards."
"I haven't tried these yet but am planning to. Since I am a muffin and a blueberry lover."