Here's your excuse to have cake for breakfast. The batter is made with pancake mix! —Matthew Hass, Test Cook Taste of Home magazine, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir pancake mix and water just until moistened. In another bowl, toss blueberries with flour. Fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat frosting ingredients until smooth; spread over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Pan-Cake with Maple Frosting in Taste of Home September/October 2017