Blueberry Jelly Recipe
- 2 quarts fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 cups water
- 12 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Place blueberries in a Dutch oven and crush slightly. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Place berry mixture in strainer; cover with edges of cheesecloth. Let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid measures 6 cups.
- Pour juice back into Dutch oven; gradually stir in sugar until it dissolves. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add pectin; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Skim any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into sterilized hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 pints.
Reviews for Blueberry Jelly(6)
Sort By :
Wow! I made this with no troubles, I read reviews from several sites and decided that I would cook the berry juice extracted about 25 minutes, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. After my gems cooled, I checked to see how they set up and was pleased! Thank you for this fantastic recipe, I will definately make again
Love it! Making it again now.
I made this jelly today, and it turned out beautiful and taste delicious! It was my first time to make blueberry jelly, it was easy.
My friend and I made this yesterday and it was fantastic. VERY easy.
I haven't made jelly in years and was wondering if this could be made with a sugar substitute. I have 5 diabetics in my family and it would be nice to be able to make homemade jelly or jams for them