Black Cat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 wooden craft or Popsicle sticks
- 48 candy corn candies
- 24 red-hot candies
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Insert a wooden stick into each cookie. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to form ears. For whiskers, press a fork twice into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from the oven; immediately press on candy corn for eyes and red-hots for noses. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Black Cat Cookies(8)
Sort By :
These tasted great and were so cute. The kids loved them in my daughter's classroom.
I use this recipe every year! Love it!
We couldn't get ours to look as good as the picture at all, but no matter because they taste great!
I just finished making these for my younger son's toddler/preschool classroom. They turned out fantastic- soft and fudgy! I made them a bit smaller so it yielded 40 cookies and decided to skip the wooden stick. I also used a red m&m for the nose. I have made these before and they are always a big hit! Thanks for a great recipe!
I made these last years for a Halloween party for my son's class and even though he has a new teacher this year, she heard from last years teacher how good they were and they have been requested again! Very cute, amazing cookie, will continue to make....