- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 wooden craft or Popsicle sticks
- 48 candy corn candies
- 24 red-hot candies
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Insert a wooden stick into each cookie. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to form ears. For whiskers, press a fork twice into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from the oven; immediately press on candy corn for eyes and red-hots for noses. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Black Cat Cookies
Sort By :
"These are cute and make a lot! I didn't put mine on sticks when making for a high school band fall/Halloween function. Dough is great to work with!"
"These tasted great and were so cute. The kids loved them in my daughter's classroom."
"I use this recipe every year! Love it!"
"We couldn't get ours to look as good as the picture at all, but no matter because they taste great!"
"I just finished making these for my younger son's toddler/preschool classroom. They turned out fantastic- soft and fudgy! I made them a bit smaller so it yielded 40 cookies and decided to skip the wooden stick. I also used a red m&m for the nose. I have made these before and they are always a big hit! Thanks for a great recipe!"