- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 25 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for decorating.
- Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir until coated. Scoop a small amount of mixture onto waxed paper; shape into a nest using two forks. Repeat, forming 25 nests. Dip bottom of Peep into reserved white chips; place in a nest. Add eggs to nest, securing with white chips. Repeat. Let stand until set. Yield: 25 servings.
Reviews for Bird Nests
Sort By :
"These are THE most adorable treats. The salty-sweet of the pretzels, not to mention the 'ADORABLE' factor, have made them a delightful surprise for every family member, young and old alike. It all came together quite easily, and will be a must-have for years to come! Thanks for this ingenious and creative delight!"
"easy ..easy...My 4 yr old broke sticks in half..I found "nest" easier to assemble that way. I used multi colored "chicks" for his class! I was surprised how quick and easy!!"
"A new Easter tradition in our house! I may break the pretzel sticks in half next time to make a little smaller nest. Our 3 kids loved "decorating" them almost as much as eating them!"
"I have a similar bird nest design but I use the HERSHEY'S No-Bake Butterscotch Haystack recipe, Peeps, and Jelly Beans. They are an Easter favorite!"
"These were sooo good, I made it with my 7yr old sister and she loved making them. They couldnt have been easier or yummier!!!"