- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 25 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for decorating.
- Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir until coated. Scoop a small amount of mixture onto waxed paper; shape into a nest using two forks. Repeat, forming 25 nests. Dip bottom of Peep into reserved white chips; place in a nest. Add eggs to nest, securing with white chips. Repeat. Let stand until set. Yield: 25 servings.
Reviews for Bird Nests
"These are THE most adorable treats. The salty-sweet of the pretzels, not to mention the 'ADORABLE' factor, have made them a delightful surprise for every family member, young and old alike. It all came together quite easily, and will be a must-have for years to come! Thanks for this ingenious and creative delight!"
"easy ..easy...My 4 yr old broke sticks in half..I found "nest" easier to assemble that way. I used multi colored "chicks" for his class! I was surprised how quick and easy!!"
"A new Easter tradition in our house! I may break the pretzel sticks in half next time to make a little smaller nest. Our 3 kids loved "decorating" them almost as much as eating them!"
"I have a similar bird nest design but I use the HERSHEY'S No-bake Butterscotch Haystack recipe, Peeps, and Jelly Beans. They are an Easter favorite!"
"These were sooo good, I made it with my 7yr old sister and she loved making them. They couldnt have been easier or yummier!!!"
"It was fun and easy for the kids to make, and well eat too!!"
"I made these for our church coffee hour with the kids in mind--turns out being a "kid" has no age limit--these were a huge success. I would definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing this idea."