Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins(7)
Sort By :
These muffins are dry and tasteless.
I doubled this recipe because I had a lot of buttermilk I needed to use up. I used the eggs, but substituted egg whites for half. I also used frozen blueberries because that's what I had on hand. I ended up adding an extra splash of buttermilk to my batter after I mixed everything, as I felt the batter was too stiff without it. The muffins were very good.
Pick up my blueberry this morning made the muffins this afternoon great muffins eat two was so good with warm butter did not have the buttermilk on hand so i add one tablespoon of vinaigar with the my cup of milk for the buttermilk and it was good make me eighteen muffins i will make it again .
These really are the best ever muffins. The amount of berries is just right, and the texture is very pleasing. I did half wheat/half white flour, and added the juice and rind of 1 fresh lemon to enhance the flavor. Next time, I may add some chopped walnuts.
I loved the ease of this recipe. It was not so sweet and even my diabetic husband could partake of this wonderful treat. This is definitely a "keeper" recipe. Also, I got 18 muffins out of this, instead of 12!