- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional minced chives, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 7 minutes. Stir in beef and parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into 16 squares.
- Place 2 tablespoonfuls of beef mixture in center of half of squares. Top with remaining squares; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut slits in top; brush with egg. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine horseradish cream ingredients; serve with appetizers. Garnish with additional chives if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Reviews for Beef Wellington Appetizers
Sort By :
"These are very tasty but I would double the sauce and serve that with it instead of the horse radish. Not enough sauce to suit me."
"I've made these several times and have given the recipe to three of my friends who have also made and shared the recipe. Everyone who tries them loves them. The horseradish cream sauce has just enough tang and zip to make them delightful."
"The sauce was amazing but not enough filing fits in the little pockets"