Beef in Onion Gravy Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef in Onion Gravy(8)
Sort By :
Delicious creamy mushroom and beef goodness! I didn't have onion soup mix on hand so made my own and added some thyme because it sang out for some.
We make this with mashed potatoes. All four members of the family love this meal (unusual) and it's incredibly easy to make.
So easy and great for a cold night!
Excellent, easy and delicious. A winner!
This is soooo good with my own tweaks. I added some brown gravy mix and some water because of it. It makes the gravy very rich and delicious with mashed potatoes. Also didn't add the tapioca.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >