- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled Cortland apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon-sugar and nutmeg; add to apples and toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 400°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove rim from pan. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over torte; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Torte
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. We loved it and I will certainly make it again and again. Can't wait to make it for company. Deserves more than 5 stars!!!"
"Delicious apple dessert! Love the cream cheese layer and the apples in the butter "cookie" crust. A keeper!"
"good dessert for breakfast or even weekend gathering , i face some difficult to know if the cheese layer was cooked or not , but i turns very good in the end ."
"I found this recipe to rate a 5* recipe! I DID leave out the almonds and the glaze, though!I used part Granny Smith and part Gala apples and I greased and floured my springform pan for easier removal. The rest of the ingredients I kept the same! Thank you, Margaret Wilson, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! This makes me think of a cheesecake and an apple dessert all in one! delowenstein"