Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars(4)
Sort By :
These bars were delicious!! Several steps, but well worth it. I realized the night before i was having lunch guests that i had not thought about a dessert. I just rec'd the Oct/Nov issue of Simple and Delicious and selected these bars because i had all the ingredients in my pantry. I and my guests were glad i did. This recipe is a keeper!
Amazingly delicious!! A big hit with the family, they ask for them all the time now.
These bars were a hit at a picnic, and I plan to take them to another one soon. They freeze well!
These bars were a lot of work but certainly worth all the time and effort. I would wait for a special occasion to make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Bars >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Apple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Sodium Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- View All Simple Recipes >