- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
"Wonderful flavor, easy to make, everyone loved it! Grandson gave it five stars!"
"Took this to a potluck dinner. Got many rave reviews and requests for this recipe. The time needs to be adjusted at the start of the recipe as there are 2 separate baking times totaling 40 - 48 minutes. Not a recipe to make if you are in a hurry but the result is so worth the effort."
"This was such a hit at Thanksgiving, I've been asked to make it again for Christmas. It is really easy to love making this dessert, especially when asked to bring it again."
"First let me say i was having one of those days and put these in the oven for a few minutes before i realized the cheesecake filling was still in the bowl. After scraping as much of the topping as i could and putting the cheesecake on the apples i took it to a family party without trying it. I let everyone know i didnt know what it was going to taste like, it was a huge hit. Some took 2 pieces. No issue with the crust which i baked for 15 mins,( could be because the apples were on top of it. Great recipe, next time i hope to make it the way it is written."
"I debated whether to make these bars or not because I really don't care for crispy apples in baked goods when there isn't enough baking time to get them done. I decided to go ahead and bake these bars and I'm so glad I did. They are delicious! I did grate the apples, (Granny Smith) instead of thinly chopping and this worked out perfect and the apples were NOT crispy. Just right! Yum! I followed some of the other reviews and baked the crust for 10 minutes instead of the 15-18 minutes. I did not measure the caramel topping. I just drizzled almost half of a 12.25oz. jar of Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping. I served these bars at coffee hour after church and i received many compliments. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!"