Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Sort By :
Made 1/2 recipe for a test to see if it would be good for study club. We thought it was great1 Will make it today for study group.
These were a lot of trouble, quite expensive, and not as good as I had expected. I did use Neufchâtel instead of cream cheese which should not have affected the flavor, only the consistency perhaps. My gala apples did not get soft, were crunchier than I expected or preferred, and I now read not a good choice for cooking so that was perhaps a bad choice on my part. I doubt that I make them again but the next time I would definitely pay attention to the baking quality of the apple variety! I have a number of less labor intensive recipes that produce better results to warrant making these again.
Wonderful Loved them Making them for the next party here
These are so good. A huge favorite! I loved it so much, I shared with my daughters. One of them will try it with pears!
These bars are delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Definitely will make again!