“I lightened these cookies, and now they’re guilt-free and delicious!” Vera Decker - Windsor, New York
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in Amaretto and almond extract.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- With lightly floured hands, shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked and bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Amaretto-Almond Bliss Cookies in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p18
Reviews for Amaretto-Almond Bliss Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review