Texas Red River Margaritas
When I lived in Texas, I decided to create a cocktail that represented my new home. I've found that blood orange juice works just as well as the grapefruit juice. —Danny Schneider, Omaha, NE
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 jalapeno peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Place tequila and jalapenos in a small bowl. Let stand 2-3 hours.
- Using water, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Mix salt and sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into salt mixture. Set aside. Discard remaining salt mixture on plate.
- Strain tequila into a small bowl, discarding jalapenos. Stir in grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Serve in prepared glasses over ice.