This pesto recipe was handed down from my grandmother. You will notice it has no nuts, which were considered a "filler" in my Italian family. Everyone I serve this to says it's the best. —Mary Jo Galick, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse the first six ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 206 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pasta Pesto in Taste of Home February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.