Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse the first six ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 206 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 31, 2019
Given the price of pine nuts, having a nut-free alternative is great. This recipe makes a very smooth and satisfying pesto. We added a bit more garlic because we like a lot of garlic!
Feb 10, 2019
This is fresh and bright with a lovely color green. I put it on a flatbread with Italian Shredded Cheese, Ti-Color Grape Tomatoes and Red Onion. The pesto is so delicious I could eat it with a spoon. I enjoyed the leftovers on an Ancient-Grain toasted baguette.