No-Fuss Pumpkin Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 8, 2017
This was easy and quick to make. It is moist with a distinct pumpkin flavor.
Nov 2, 2017
This is a delicious moist cake. The aroma while it is baking is absolutely enticing. The only change I made to this recipe was to use homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Have copies of the recipe on hand as you will be asked for them. Definitely a keeper.
Oct 12, 2015
That was so good everyone loved it I put a little cinnamon in the frosting .make this cake.
Sep 25, 2015
Love this recipe so easy and my family loves it. Was thinking of adding bananas instead of pumpkin. Has anyone tried this?
Nov 23, 2014
Great recipe. I have made it several times for different events with requests for the recipe every time. The only changes I have made are to leave out the extra sugar in the cake and to add cinnamon to the icing.
Jan 1, 2014
I love this recipe. I've made it eight times since discovering it last year and it always tastes and smells great - no one ever wants just one piece!
Nov 19, 2013
Moist, easy to make and taste great. A good in the hurry to make cake. Frosting is excellent.
Jun 15, 2012
Add a few nuts, leave out the sugar bake in loaf pans and it makes a delicious pumpkin bread! This sort of cake is always too sweet to me with the frosting and being diabetic I don't need the added sugar.
Nov 9, 2011
Excellent recipe and so easy! A keeper for me :)
Oct 27, 2011
I make pumpkin muffins all the time, but wanted something a bit more like a dessert. This is it! Very easy to make and even more easy to eat - this cake disappeared extremely fast. I'm already making my second batch!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.