- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter into three equal portions.
- Pour one portion into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Stir red food coloring into another portion; carefully spoon into pan. Stir chocolate syrup and cocoa into remaining batter; carefully spoon into pan. Do not swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forNeapolitan Cake
"Great cake, everyone loved it!"
"This recipe tastes great. I added 2 tbs. of strawberry Nestle's quick to the pink batter and that worked well. I did have a big problem with the cake releasing from the Bundt pan (allegedly non-stick and greased on top of that with vegetable shortening). It broke apart badly, but my family didn't mind because it still tasted great. I would like to make this cake for company sometime. Does anyone have any advice on the sticking problem? I'm thinking it might be because I used one of those "pudding in the mix" yellow cake mixes. Do you think it might have been too moist?"
"Great party cake with minimal effort! Vary the colors for the season: green instead of red for St Pat's, green instead of chocolate for Christmas, purple instead of chocolate for Easter, etc. Each color can be flavored with extract or not. Or color with drink mix (Kool Ade is one brand) to flavor & color all at once."
"What kind the sauce we can serve this cake?"
"I've made this several times. easy to make and tastes great!"
"What a great idea!!! Looks wonderful! Sooohhh easy!"