Our Test Kitchen created this delightful treat. You'll love the chocolaty flavor these cookies bring, as well as how simple they are to make!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine the dough, coconut, cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and milk. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- If frosting is desired, melt additional chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Magic Pinwheels in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.