Grandma’s Honey Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 20-30 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 179 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 16, 2019
Quick and easy to prepare. My boys loved them.
Aug 31, 2019
Wonderful. Very moist.
Aug 5, 2019
I wanted something special to go w our grilled chicken and broccoli salad, these were the perfect addition! Easy to make , convenient ingredients and yummy!
Jun 23, 2019
I was looking for a simple, sweet recipe to make before going to the beach and found this! I had all the ingredients and they seemed pretty easy to make. The muffins were finished within a half hour and turned out to be great travel snacks. Thanks for sharing!
Apr 21, 2019
I'm going to start with YUM!!!! I am the main cook/Baker for my family and they kept insisting they were eating corn bread. I kept telling them it was something new and they couldn't stop eating them. This was just an easy delicious recipe! Definety one for the books! So simple but a new favorite! I kept the recipe as it was and it wasnt to sweet or to bitter. Just perfect to put butter in the middle and be happy.
Feb 18, 2019
Fabulous! I added 1 cup of blueberries to them.
Jan 23, 2019
Absolutely Delicious! These can be made for breakfast or in place of corn bread. Loved them with soup. They are a perfect muffin.
Dec 6, 2018
I used gluten-free flour, increased the baking powder to 4 teaspoons and added a second egg. They were delicious! They are a sweet muffin, but then they are called honey muffins . . .
May 11, 2018
Tried this recipe and was very pleased. It made 12 muffins. The first ones were just a little sweet for me so next time I cut the honey by about half. Highly recommend this recipe
Mar 10, 2018
I made this recipe with my 8 year old daughter who really enjoyed it! We decided to double the amount of honey after seeing the reviews. They were delicious! My son aged 10 says he can't take the honey but he likes them anyway. We are in the UK and appreciated a nice easy recipe to follow as it is kid friendly. In the UK All Purpose Flour is called Plain Flour.