- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
"Having read the other comments before I made this bunt cake, i made sure i greased the pan WELL. No luck. It stuck in enough places in the pan to break apart when released. This is a delicious but VERY unpredictable cake. I have made easily more than 100 bunt cakes, ( I am a home economics teacher) and this was the hardest, because i was warned! Nevertheless, I pieced all the bits together and dusted with powdered sugar and presented the cake to my guests proving even the best of us bakers make bloopers."
"This sounds like a great recipe but what size is the Bundt"
"I have been baking for years, and I have made many bunt cakes. I have never had one stick to the pan like this one. I followed the recipe as written, so I don't know what went wrong. I will not be making this again. After learning that the secret to a good bunt cake is to really grease the pan (I use butter) and lots of flour, I decided to try this again. It turned out perfect. So if you decide to make this, make sure you grease the pan cover the pan well with the butter and flour."
"This is the one! Do not lose this recipe! Use a generous amount of Wiltons cake Release on the pan and it will come out easily."
"I will definitely keep this recipe the ingredients are very accessible in every kitchen and they are very economical to use. Simple to make. The cake is so moist and so tasty. Thank you for a great recipe."