Broccoli Crescent Appetizers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 8 fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; drain.
- In another small saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the flour, salt, oregano and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Separate crescent dough into four triangles; cut each in half, forming two triangles. Press each triangle into an ungreased miniature muffin cup, with corners of dough extending over the edge.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoonful of cheese sauce into each cup. Top with a broccoli floret. Fold corners of dough over broccoli (filling will be visible). Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 80 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2017
These were DELICIOUS! I had some leftover steamed broccoli and some leftover crescent rolls so I used this recipe! To add an extra flare, I sprinkled some real bacon bits on top of the cheese before topping with the broccoli. I think next time I might put in even more bacon. I'd be interested in trying other cheeses too. Very yummy!
Jul 8, 2013
Haven't made them yet - and I will because they sound awesome! Just a bit confused - said it had cream cheese filling, but none in the ingredient list. Typo on 'cream' (should be 'creamy') or omission on ingredients?
Aug 5, 2012
Wow! What a fantastic appetizer recipe! Creating Baskets filled with a Cheese Sauce, topped with a Broccoli Floret open to view through the Handles of the Baskets. Wow, again! Tasty and pretty to serve. It will show your guests how honored you are to be serving them today!