Blackberry-Filled Chocolate Thumbprints
Pretty blackberry jam peeks out from behind a thin layer of white chocolate in these soft milk chocolate cookies. The flavors just taste amazing together.—Abby Bullington, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Add melted chocolate; mix until blended. Gradually beat in flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Fill each with 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or dip cookies with melted candy coating; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Blackberry Chocolate Thumbprint cookies in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.