- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings
Reviews forApple Dumpling Bake
"Delicious, one of our favorites!"
"These are so easy and very, very delicious."
"I have been making these for years and never get tired of hearing compliments! If you use sugar free or diet soda, chances are your sauce will not thicken."
"I have made this recipe using regular or diet 7-Up and it works just as well---any type of lemon-lime soda will do."
"Really easy to make and delicious! I'll be making these again!"
"So easy! So delicious!"
"Wow, I can't get over how good this was. Super easy and delicious!"
"My husband and I both loved these, they're light and fluffy with a nice sauce."
"I made this recipe for the first time today for our Thanksgiving dinner. I doubled the recipe and put it in a turkey roasting sized throw away rectangular pan...one of the huge ones and it held 24 and I added an extra 1/4 cup of Mt. Dew per recipe. We ate them warm without the ice cream and everyone went wild about them. This recipe is a definite keeper."