Air-Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Panko crumbs give this spicy air-fryer coconut shrimp its crunch. It’s perfect as an appetizer or for your main meal. —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook 4 minutes; turn shrimp and continue cooking until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink, another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce.