I received this recipe from a special co-worker at school, and it is always a huge success when I make them. It works great to make them a day in advance. It will allow the bars to set and be cut easier.
Recommended: 16 Zucchini Dessert Recipes
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Press half of dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Pour over crust. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Yummy Cookie Bars in 13 x 9 Bookazine 2014, p119
Reviews for Yummy Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014
"I have made these Yummy cookie Bars several times and everybody who has sampled them has simply raved over them. One of the best new recipes that I have tried and so very simple to make with ingredients that are always on hand. Five Star Recipe."