- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Combine filling ingredients; spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Thumbprints(5)
Sort By :
The filling is good, and would go well on pie, sticky buns or other places where a nutty glaze would be nice. The cookie tastes like baking soda, is a bit dry, and not very flavorful. It did bake nicely, it's just not very tasty.
I just made these last night with my family, easy and delicious!!!
The receipe was easy to make i used a mini muffin pan and made an indent in them and filled it with the walnut filling . Simply delicious......
Love the recipe, but it only made 18 cookies for me and I was able to use the filling for two batches of cookies.
GOOD WALNUT LOVERS