Making homemade ice cream is an activity that can involve the whole family. Have the kids shake the bags until the liquid changes to ice cream. No one will be able to resist the taste!—Erin Hoffman, Canby, Minnesota
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 3/4 cup salt
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the milk, sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla. Press out air and seal. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ice and salt; add the sealed small bag.
- Seal the large bag; place in another large resealable plastic bag and seal. Shake and knead for 5-7 minutes or until cream mixture is thickened. Serve immediately or freeze. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008
Reviews for Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review