- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- Neon food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and soda. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 1 minute. Divide batter among five bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl; stir just until combined.
- Drop a spoonful of one color of batter into each of 18 paper-lined muffin cups. Layer with remaining colored batter until muffin cups are two-thirds full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost tops and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Tie-Dyed Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Wow!!! I tried them just as written and they are very sweet (of course, I did taste them at midnight-lol). They are very pretty and I know the kids will enjoy them for sure. I had a lot of fun making these, also."
"I just made these and they are very good. I was worried too about not adding eggs but followed the recipe and used only the soda. Not to worry, they came out just fine. These are so cute and fun to make (and taste great too!). Thanks for sharing such a unique and fun recipe!"
"Made these for the kids and they devoured them. Was almost as fun to make as they were great tasting. Thanks for sharing this one!"
"I seen a previous review of this recipe asking whether to add the water, oil, and eggs. All you do is combine the cake mix and the soda (nothing else)! I know it sounds wierd, I thought so as well but tried it anyway. They turn out amazing! I used a Duncan Heinz cake mix!"
"These are the most moist cupcakes I have ever had! Everyone loved them!"