- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in the sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Texas Sheet Cake
Sort By :
"my icing did not turn out like picture, followed the directions, how do I get it like the photoThanks"
"My cake didn't turn out. Was all mushy and I even cooked it longer. Dissappointed. I have seen this recipe with eggs??"
"I used a slightly bigger sheet pan than called for but it rose over the pan and spilled into my oven! But the cake taste really good. I will make it again but will use an even bigger sheet pan."
"Moist, delicious and very easy"
"its in the oven right now and i just realized that i put in only a half a cup of butter. I'm hoping that its not a disaster. I also added some cinnamon. It smells good though."