- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, red shoestring licorice and candy corn
- Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, tint frosting yellow. Frost cupcakes. Press two chocolate chips into each cupcake for eyes. For mouths, cut licorice into 1-in. pieces; bent slightly to curve. Press one licorice piece into each cupcake. Add candy corn around edges of cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sunshine Cupcakes(6)
Sort By :
i made this as a fun side dessert for Thanksgiving. While cute and easy to make, the candy corn seemed to melt or break off ? not sure what happened. It was mostly the candy corns like in the picture, and i also had some of the "autumn" colored candy corns, they didn't do this for some reason. very strange. But the cupcakes were good and they were a fun dessert.
Fun to make
My kids and their friends loved these! They were actually easy enough that I let the kids make them themselves. Just adorable. Only thinkg is - not all kids like lemon cake, but you can substitute yellow cake mix.
so easy to make and kids and adults love them
Simple to make and fun to eat! These added just the right touch to my daughter's rainbow-themed birthday party!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >