- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, red shoestring licorice and candy corn
- Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, tint frosting yellow. Frost cupcakes. Press two chocolate chips into each cupcake for eyes. For mouths, cut licorice into 1-in. pieces; bent slightly to curve. Press one licorice piece into each cupcake. Add candy corn around edges of cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sunshine Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Easy and adorable!!"
"i made this as a fun side dessert for Thanksgiving. While cute and easy to make, the candy corn seemed to melt or break off ? not sure what happened. It was mostly the candy corns like in the picture, and i also had some of the "autumn" colored candy corns, they didn't do this for some reason. very strange. But the cupcakes were good and they were a fun dessert."
"Fun to make"
"My kids and their friends loved these! They were actually easy enough that I let the kids make them themselves. Just adorable. Only thinkg is - not all kids like lemon cake, but you can substitute yellow cake mix."
"so easy to make and kids and adults love them"