Sunny Orange Lemonade Recipe
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sunny Orange Lemonade
Sort By :
"My boys really enjoyed this lemonade. They don't like the tang of regular lemonade so the orange helps mellow that out. The sweetness level was prefect for us but I can see where it might be too sweet for others."
"Love the orange-lemon combination but way too sweet for me. Will try it again with half the amount of recommended sugar."
"This was very refreshing."
"The orange really rounds out the flavor - loved it!"
"Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks so I was anxious to try this and my family and I loved it! I did use Splenda instead of the sugar. Will make again!"