Striped Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Mary Schmittinger writes from Colgate, Wisconsin, “For a bake sale last year, I wanted to try something different. I’d seen chocolate popcorn in a candy shop and thought I’d try making it. This recipe was a great success.”
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels and pecans. Drizzle with butter and toss; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Spread on foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand in a cool place until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 17 cups.
Originally published as Striped Chocolate Popcorn in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p53
Reviews for Striped Chocolate Popcorn(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
This was sooo yummy! The white chocolate takes longer to firm than the milk chocolate does so make ahead. I thought next time I might toss in some mini marshmallows? Would make an excllent gift for the kids friends at Christmas!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Kids Snacks >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Popcorn Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >