- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extract until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Dip one side of cookies in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Shortbread Hearts(2)
Sort By :
I love these! They've become a tradition for Valentine's Day.
Made these cookies for Valentine's Day when the recipe was first published on TOH. It became my daughter's favorite cookie. Everyone else loved them, too. I am getting ready to make them for the family for Valentine's Day again this year. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Shortbread Cookie Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >