I really enjoy potato soup, and this rich creamy version is different than most I've tried. I like its lemon and cilantro flavors, but you can adjust the ingredients to best suit your family's taste buds. --Hollie Powell of St. Louis, Missouri
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Potato Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p37
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review