- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Sort By :
"This was quite yummy. The lemon juice really brightened the flavor. It's a keeper!"
"This was surprisingly very good!! Definitely will make again."
"Will defiantly make again. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable and used fresh parsley from our garden since I had it on hand. Yum!"
"Sorry but this turned out awful, too much pepper flavor. Wast of time and ingredients"
"A great soup, we all loved it! Will be making it again, thank you!"