- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe several times now. I double the recipe so there is left overs. My family has nick named it the Indian soup because it reminds us of the Indian food we love."
"Loved this soup! I halved the amount of cumin & added 1 teaspoon of Turmeric . This recipe is a definite keeper! I am making this soup again for Easter, but will leave out the cream cheese for my Vegan sister."
"Oh my goodness. This soup was amazing! I'll be honest, I was pretty skeptical when I made it, but the flavors blend beautifully! The soup wasn't too spicy but had a distinct taste. My husband loved it and I will definitely be making this again!"
"I want to give this 4.5 stars....i liked the flavor and texture, and it was a nice meatless meal served in a sourdough breadbowl. However, the husband wasn't "wowed", hence not 5 stars. I think for him, an addition of some sort of meat would have been heartier and a keeper of a recipe. Would make again though, and try a twist next time (maybe ground sausage?)"
"I like the soup, easy to make. Next time I will probably add a little spice, maybe a can of rotel"