Poinsettia Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Red colored sugar
- Red and green candied cherries, quartered
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill overnight or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle, about 1/8-in. thick. Cut into 2-in. squares. In each square, make 1-in. slits in each corner. Bring every other corner up into center to form a pinwheel; press lightly. Sprinkle cookies with red sugar and press a candied cherry piece into the center of each.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Poinsettia Cookies(6)
Sort By :
they aren't that hard to make and they taste and look good
next time I am making cookies those are the first I,m making
These were tasty but the prep time was quick long, a lot of work for such a small cookie but they look very festive.
I made these, but was running out of time, as we all do around the holidays, so I used a snowflake cookie cutter and they come out amazing!! Lots of compliments , I sprinkled them with red & green sugar before baking. I also add a 1/2 teaspoon more almond extract.
Much easier to make than I anticipated and I received many compliments.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >