- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to oil mixture. Set aside 2 tablespoons peppermint candy for garnish; stir in remaining candy. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with reserved candy. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint Brownies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p34
Reviews for Peppermint Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard.