Kids‘ eyes will light up when they see these cute jungle goodies. "They never fail to make my grandkids smile, and they’re always a hit at bake sales," says Sandra Seaman of Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 vanilla wafers
- Black and red decorating gel
- 48 pastel blue and/or green milk chocolate M&M's
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- Prepare batter and bake according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- Set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. With a serrated knife, cut off and discard a fourth of each vanilla wafer. Place a wafer on each cupcake, with the rounded edge of wafer near edge of cupcake, for face. Add dots of black gel for nostrils. With red gel, pipe on mouths.
- Place M&M's above wafers for eyes; add dots of black gel for pupils. Using reserved frosting and a #16 star tip, pipe hair. Carefully separate cookies; cut each in half. Position one on each side of cupcakes for ears. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Monkey Cupcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p45
Reviews for Monkey Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review