- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 vanilla wafers
- Black and red decorating gel
- 48 pastel blue and/or green milk chocolate M&M's
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- Prepare batter and bake according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- Set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. With a serrated knife, cut off and discard a fourth of each vanilla wafer. Place a wafer on each cupcake, with the rounded edge of wafer near edge of cupcake, for face. Add dots of black gel for nostrils. With red gel, pipe on mouths.
- Place M&M's above wafers for eyes; add dots of black gel for pupils. Using reserved frosting and a #16 star tip, pipe hair. Carefully separate cookies; cut each in half. Position one on each side of cupcakes for ears. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Monkey Cupcakes
Sort By :
"when i first made these everyone loved the,m soo much. ive had to make these many many times again for family and friends. and they always impress them. however they do take time and patience"
"I made these as a treat for a co-worker that was moving away. Everyone LOVED them and had huge smiles when they saw them. I did not give anyone a clue what I was doing before I brought them out, so it was a complete surprise. My kids, of course, had to each 'taste test' one and it met their approval as well"
"I made these for my daughter's 9th birthday. Everyone loved them and thought they were *so* cute!"
"I made these for my daughters 13th birthday party. She is a huge monkey fan! These were so easy to make and a huge hit with not only my daughter but her freinds as well. They looked just like the picture in the magazine!"
"I made them for the grandchidren and they even had names for them before they ate them"