Whenever I serve these lovely bite-size glazed cakes, they get rave reviews...and I get requests for the recipe. Lemon and cream cheese make for a winning combination.—Charlene Crump, Montgomery, Alabama
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cakes into glaze; place on waxed paper to dry. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Tea Cakes in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Tea Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review