Mint Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Canned frosting, peppermint extract and chocolate candy coating quickly turn crackers into these wonderful little no-bake cookies. My children and I like to assemble them for parties and holidays. I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do. -Melissa Thompson, Anderson, Ohio
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- 72 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting, extract and food coloring if desired. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Sandwich Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Mint Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2014
My dinner guests and husband LOVED this recipe! It was delicious. We did gluten-free crackers for half the recipe and she really enjoyed it. Highly recommend this recipe!
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2012
These were a big hit last year!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Peppermint Cookies >