- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Sort By :
"The dough came out perfectly! I can't help but remain confused as to how some felt this dough was tricky to work with. They rolled perfectly and taste great! However, I did without the white chocolate since that will DEFINITELY make them too sweet to eat."
"These were wonderful. Adding to the list of must do each year. I used white disks and druzxled. The dough is hard to roll but not impossible to do."
"I made these cookies recently, however I also found the dough was sticky. I used a silicone baking mat and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on the mat and rolled out the logs in the sugar. This worked extremely well and made it easy to roll up the cookies. I had to use a spatula to move the cookies onto the baking sheet, but they turned out great. I also skipped the white chocolate and just used a confectioners sugar glaze. Tastes just like a cinnamon roll."
"This recipe looks wonderful in the picture and my son loves cinnamon rolls and told me I needed to find a cinnamon roll cookie recipe. And look what you have on your website. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. I am a Baker!! The directions are awful. FIRST, there is no way to roll these in a rope, then the sugar, then a spiral without the cookie breaking and looking awful. On my last tray, I rolled a rope, then a spiral and then coated in sugar-they did not break this way. I found the cookie had a funny aftertaste, but my son liked them. The white chocolate drizzle was too much and a disaster as well. I think if you want a glaze on these, maybe a light sugar or cream cheese glaze. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to making these as I see others had the same problems I did. Can anyone tell me what Christmas tastes like????"
"I just made these cookies and they are too sticky to roll into a log. I scooped them and carefully rolled them in the cinnamon and sugar. After I put them on the cookie sheet I took a 1/8 measuring cup and pressed the bottom of it on the cookie to flatten. They were round just like the picture."